Friday 20 January 2012

Trying to Make a Public exhibition of myself

Adur District Council ran a public sculpture competition last year. They were looking for sculptures that would fit in with the local area and reflect its geographical location and history. These are my entries below.


 Adur is an area on the south coast of england which was originally a fishing hamlet and also has a history of smuggling.


I didn't make the finalist shortlist and from the feedback I received I think they thought they were a little too large for such a small town. Looking at the designs now I have mixed feelings, whilst on the whole I am still pretty pleased with them and would love to have seen them made 'real'. But maybe they are a little too 'cartoonish' and I might have overdone the whole nautical theme a bit?!




No comments:

Post a Comment