Friday 4 November 2011

Meet Griselda

                                                                         
Wandering around a reclamation yard near Glastonbury whilst visiting my parents several years ago I spotted 'Griselda' (as she later became known) in an overgrown corner. I'm not entirely sure what she is, some kind of medieval looking pig with long braids sniffing a flower is my best description. She is carved from solid stone about 3 feet high and extremely heavy.

Even though I didn't have a garden to put it in at the time. It was love at first sight and I couldn't stop thinking about it after i'd left. I did finally aquire it about 12 months later.

I've no idea how old it is or where it came from. I quite like the fact that it is a bit mysterious. To me it looks kind of scandanavian and reminds me a bit of Tove Jansen drawings. Most people think it looks horrible
but I love it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment