Thursday 15 September 2011

Essentially Worthing magazine cover competition

A free monthly magazine available to pick up in numerous outlets in our home town of Worthing on the south coast in West sussex recently ran a cover design competition. There was no theme only that it should represent some aspect of the town. For my entry I chose to depict 'The Birdman rally'. For those that don't know about it, its a yearly event held on the end of Worthing pier.

The participants all have to create some kind of flying machine (and usually a silly costume) and then self propel themselves off of the end of the pier. The person who manages to 'fly' the farthest wins.

To cut a long story short, I won the competition with my entry below. It appeared on the cover of the august issue along with a nice little interview with myself. I was dead chuffed, after all its not often you get the chance to be on the front cover of something.



No comments:

Post a Comment